Monday, August 31, 2009

A Rant

Let me say I am sorry for this rant right up front, but it still needs to be said or I will go nuts (not a long trip). It is so ironic. Di is very sick and can go or be put to sleep at any time. However, the vet is afraid that Di is becoming addicted to her hydrocodone. . .

Now granted, she is taking a huge amount of them, she started at one a day last year and now she is at three, three times a day. Where is the freaking sense in this? The dog is more comfortable with the medicine, she actually wants to play for the first time in 3 months, but they are worried about her becoming addicted?!? I don’t think so. This is one of those things that makes me want to pull my hair out or slit my wrists (cyber wrist slitting). Come on, the dog is dying, nothing can be done for her but to make her comfortable so what the hell???
Sometimes I just don’t get it.

5 comments:

Grace said...

I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time. My prayers and positive thoughts are for you and DI

leah said...

So sorry! that doesn't make sense to me either! Hope you are able to embrace the time that remains!

sheep#100 said...

Terminally ill and they are concerned over addiction to narcotics?!

Uh, yeah, right.

Sadie said...

Oh for goodness sakes, :(

Sue said...

Let the poor dog live out her life in relative comfort. Who cares if she's addicted?