Friday, August 14, 2009

This is a gloomy day here (and I think my mood is matching the weather), I cannot figure out why we have had such a gray summer. I am so tired of work, and we are only at the beginning of the hump season at work. I am planning a vacation for the week of Thanksgiving. Anyone have any suggestions on where to go?? I would love to check out Galveston, but I don’t know if it ever recovered from the hurricane that wiped them out. Maybe I should just go to Key West and forget anywhere else? That’s sad, I can’t even figure out where I want to go . . . I would truly love to go to Greece, but, I must be realistic, I guess. :-)

Have a great weekend!

ffi1. When will the sun shine again?
2. I cannot remember what the last good book I read or movie I saw or tv show I watched.
3. Everything has its beauty but dawn has a beauty all its own.4. Pizza is what I had for dinner.
5. I'd like your input on how to knit faster.
6. The beach (Key West) is where I want to be right now.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to work, tomorrow my plans include more work and Sunday, I want to veg!

1 comment:

rita said...

There's a great little beach across the side road from the Southernmost House; you can rent chairs all day for $5. It wasn't too crowded last month the few times we went to Key West. There's a snack bar too.

You could do what my sister and I did; stay in a cheap (but decent) motel (Spanish Gardens, about a block away) and pay for a tour of the SMHouse and then you have the use of their beautiful, big, not-100-degrees pool. It has a nice bathhouse too. It was $8 six years ago, may be as much as $12 now.

If you go to KW, pick up some beads for me from Beads of Distinction, will you? The adjoining knitting shop is very nice, too. That's on the upper end of Whitehead street near Mallory Square.