It is snowing today and the high is expected to be around 38 degrees. Yuck! My poor Di decided it is too cold to go out so I had to go out with her, brrr. She told me that the snow hurts her knees and she did not appreciate being forced down the stairs and out the door in the dark of the morning. I told her that I did not appreciate being woken up in the night to lift her heavy ass (60 lbs) back into bed as she is now refusing to jump into bed. We laughed and hugged and she did her duty and I did mine (I sound like a whack job don’t I, but yes, I do talk to my dog and she talks back.)
I am starting (yes I have startitis) a new scarf for my daughter’s boyfriend, he is a nice guy and it the first boyfriend she has had in a zillion years that I appreciate. I am using Elann Highland Chunky and am doing it in a ribbing pattern on 15 needles. I love doing scarves because they are something I can do while playing cards, reading blogs, or watching TV and it appears that we will need them with the weather here in Colorado. In Georgia, we would get maybe one day of snow all year and it wasn’t terribly cold in the winter, but here. . .
Don’t forget to enter my contest here, I just went to my new LYS and bought some very nice stuff to give away, so it isn’t just stash, (however I like getting stash).
1. Please feel free to donate to a worthy cause, there are so many hungry people in the world right now.
2. When I buy a new candle I can't help sniffing it occasionally.
3. My favorite thing to cook is anything my family will eat.
4. Chocolate is something I can't get enough of.
5. That's the thing I love most about the beach.
6. Rude people always makes me think to myself, what the heck?
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to knitting, tomorrow my plans include meeting some cousins I have not seen for 30 years and Sunday, I want to knit and make bread in my new bread machine!