Sunday, January 25, 2009

Another One Done & a Contest


I finished the one for DD1’s boyfriend, T, last night and it is laid out being blocked right now. I also started two more, one is a Dr. Who scarf (see the picture) but I refuse to use a garter stitch for the whole thing, that is just
toooooo much to expect from a person :-), so I am mixing garter, stockinette, and seed stitches along with the colors. We also picked out different colors, as DD2 does not like the colors used in this one. And since nothing has to match, I can do the stitches as I feel or when I get tired of them. I also started a black scarf with no special pattern requested. I am going back to the stitch dictionary again for this one, though the first few rows have been the seed stitch.

I thought I was just about done with scarves, but now I have had a request for a couple more. I guess as long as my hands are busy it is okay to knit them. I will have to dig out a stitch dictionary to find a different way to make them, I am sick of the ones I have made so far.

My alpaca scarf that I have not yet start is going to be in the December is for Stephanie scarf pattern (you can see it here) that was suggested by LilChickadee. I am bound and determined to learn how to use graphs and this scarf will require it. I bet it takes me all summer to finish it, lololol.

Vickie is having a contest, you can enter here. she has some wonderful items she is giving away and will put you in the mood for Valentine's Day, :-) Please tell her I sent you.

I hope you are having a great weekend.

1 comment:

Aunt Kathy said...

You're gonna be the sczarf queen, LOL