Saturday, March 28, 2009
It snowed all night Thursday, my barrels in the front yard looked like soufflés instead of flower pots, and the bench was way too snowy to sit on. The dogs were not happy about going outside; the snow was up over the door frame by almost 5 inches, so they had to plow their way through it. Poor Lola stayed in Di’s footprints so the snow did not swallow her up.By evening the sun had been up and the snow had begun to melt, the poor little daffodils are trying to bravely poke their sunny heads out of the snow, but I am not sure if they will recover this year. There was still enough snow for me to get to shovel (I bought the my first snow shovel) some of the driveway and walkway so that it did not ice over during the night.
My office building was closed and my Internet was down, so no work me, boooohoooo. . . NOT! But the yarn mess is almost ready to be wound into a cake (?) of yarn. :-)
This week, Jeannette took the first sentence in 6 of her favorite books...you fill them in...with the right words or even better, my responses are in bold.
And...here we go!
1. "In a hole in the ground there lived a pretty flower waiting to come to life in the spring."
2. "I am freezing cold, but that ain't no matter."
3. "After dark the rain began to fall again, I closed my self in the house and sat down to knit."
4. "I received a booty of yarn from the hold of the Spanish galleon."
5. "There was a hand in the darkness, and it was holding a lamp to guide me."
6. "Accidents ambush the unsuspecting, so I try to always suspect lolol."
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to knitting, tomorrow my plans include nothing and Sunday, I want to knit!