Sunday, March 8, 2009

Blather

What a week, no one should have to live like that. I have finished most of my training for the year (I have to take a zillion hours a year to maintain my warrant). It is very hard to sit still when I know that my desk, voicemail and email are full of people needing something. they did bring in a new instruction on Wednesday who was great. He kept the group engaged and active during the rest of the training, which was much easier than the first 2 days were. He made it fun, but I knew there was work waiting, so I had to work for at least 2 to 3 hours every night so that I could stay somewhat kept up.

I did take time to go to Elann and get my Cashcotton and it is wonderful. I cannot wait to start a sweater for me out of it. I think I will use it for the class I am taking (it starts Wednesday night) "Knit to Fit". I need to get my swatches done for the class so after I am done with work today, I am starting that. I am not sure what size needles I want to use, the label states US 6, but I think I might try 7s to see how the fabric turns out. I want to be able to wear it over a camisole to the office in the spring and summer, so I do not want it to be too heavy.

I have taken off 4 days next week to knit, to sight see, and to just enjoy (celebrate) life. I am starting an afghan, plus the sweater for the class; I also want to make a few market bags for shopping. I just discovered that King Soopers discounts 5 cents off the total order for every bag you do not use from them. So market bags are a necessity. I plan on using this pattern and I am hoping it stretches width ways and not just lengthwise. I hate it when my bags drag on the ground. I purchased several cones of Peaches and Cream cotton from Elmore Pisgah a couple of years ago (I wanted to make a rug)and it will be perfect for the bag. Now to get started, whoooya!

See you in the funny papers!

4 comments:

Cin said...

I like that bag. I made a few for Christmas gifts, different pattern but similar. When knitting them they didn't look that big, but boy did they stretch!

Enjoy your time off this week!

trek said...

I've made a few string bags for grocery shopping and I love useing them. Keep them in the map pocket of the minivan. Means I don't have to bring home a single produce department plastic bag again - just schlepp it all in the string bag!

rita said...

I pulled out the market bag I'm making for my friend and stopped when it got to the "hard part" waaay back in early October. I guess I need to finish it.

What sweater pattern are you using?

Aunt Kathy said...

See you in the funny papers, lol. Love that.