Monday, November 30, 2009
DD1’s boyfriend came up on Saturday and brought their rescued toy poodle for me to take care of for them. He originally belonged to an elderly couple who could no longer afford to keep him so they gave him up, he was adopted out twice and they were getting ready to put him to sleep because the adoptive families kept bringing him back. One family said he bit, and I don’t know what the other family’s reason was; well, DD1 and BF adopted him, even though they had two dogs and two cats already and things were going okay until DD1 started working in IA instead of GA. Suffice it to say, the little snausage is with me for a while. He is a very needy little thing, always wants to be on someone’s lap or someone must be petting him. He does play with Lola, but she lets him know when he steps over the line, so it’s all good. The biggest problem is that he weighs 10 lbs and should only weigh seven, and he thinks he only needs to eat people food, and that said food should be available to him at all hours of the day and night. So we are having a test of wills, since he is 9 years old, I have to get that weight off of him before he starts having problems with his hips. Fortunately, for me he does not have opposable thumbs, so I will be the winner. Lolol Why is it so much easier to keep the animals on a diet than it is to keep ourselves on a diet????
UPDATED TO ADD
Don't you think it would have been nice of her to tell me that the dog is hard of hearing?
Have a great day!
Thursday, November 26, 2009
I hope you have had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Monday, November 23, 2009
You Are Edward Cullen
In general, you are an upstanding, ethical, and compassionate person. You aren't a stereotypical vampire.
Of course, you're only undead, so you can't help but be tempted occasionally. You do a good job keeping your cravings in check.
You are a true romantic, and you live to take care of your sweetheart. You couldn't go on if you hurt the one you love.
You have many worries and conflicts deep in your heart. You may seem distant or cold, but it's only because you care so much.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
You Should Date a Vampire
You're attracted to intense, complicated people. You think danger is sexy.
You're willing to risk your heart (or even your neck) if it means you get to be with a super hot, super powerful vampire.
You think that there's a fine line between pain and pleasure. And you're certainly willing to learn exactly where that line is.
You think there's nothing hotter than a vampire falling for you. You're honored to be chosen by such an experienced and wise creature.
Friday, November 20, 2009
1. We need more love and charity in our world.
2. I saw the sun and it made me smile.
3. If you want to accomplish something it is best to get off the computer (unless you want to accomplish a lot of blogging).
4. I am hungry because ice cream for dinner does not cut it.5. Massachusetts has a proposed 5% sales tax on elective cosmetic surgery; I think that Massachusetts is just looking for more money. Why should someone have to pay higher taxes because they can afford to spend money on something that is considered frivolous?
6. Family and love makes for a happy holiday.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going to see nothing, tomorrow my plans include going to see New Moon, shopping, and laundry and Sunday, I want to knit!
Have a great weekend!
Thursday, November 19, 2009
I think this Thankful Thursday is a wonderful idea, it reminds us to be grateful for what we have instead moaning about what we do not have. So here is my list for this week-
I am thankful for my internet friends. This would have been a hard few months without them.
I am thankful that my daughters and I will be together for Thanksgiving because we always have fun together.
I am thankful that the weather has warmed up from last week and that the snow is almost gone.
I am thankful for my rotten cats that are so funny and make me laugh.
I am thankful for the coordinators who work with me and their patience, as I am perennially late.
It doesn’t seem like much, but every little bit helps. :-)
Now I can whine, right? You knew I had to; I haven’t for a couple of days. My eyes are not as icky now, but they are almost swollen shut and they hurt to touch. It wasn’t bad enough that I had to throw all the makeup away, my eyes are so swollen it looks like I am walking around with my eye shut, not a pretty thing in this very round face of mine. lolol
I am responsible for holding a quarterly conference call and it was scheduled for today, I of course could not see so had called in sick. I woke up about 5 minutes before the call and had to dash around setting up my work computer and putting my cell phone on the charger so I could call in. I finally got on the phone about 5 minutes late and had to apologize to 31 people who were waiting for me. It was embarrassing.
Monday, November 16, 2009
I hope your day is wonderful!
Sunday, November 15, 2009
How is your weekend going?
Friday, November 13, 2009
1. The last band I saw live was too long ago to remember.
2. What I look forward to most on Thanksgiving is being with family and sharing the cooking with my daughters.
3. My Christmas/holiday shopping is not even thought of yet.
4. Thoughts of sugarplums fill my head.
5. I wish I could wear skinny jeans without looking like a ballon on a stick.
6. Bagpipes are very cool.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to nothing but reading and knitting, tomorrow my plans include making bread, knitting, watching the snow and Sunday, I want to do the same thing all over again!
Thursday, November 12, 2009
- I am thankful for the fact that my family is healthy, no flu (piggy or otherwise) no colds, no major illnesses.
- I am thankful that I have a job that puts a roof over my head and provides for my retirement without too much effort from me.
- I am thankful that my daughters have become responsible and productive adults.
- Finally, I am thankful for all the people who care about me and others when they are low and feeling down (gee isn’t that phrase from an old song?).
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Maybe tomorrow I will also get off my butt and download all the picture I have taken and post some of them :-)
Saturday, November 7, 2009
I am now back in Colorado and I miss Toni and I know her kids do also, though they are all grown and on their own. It does not seem right for a sister younger than me (15 months) to be gone before me. Because we were so close in age we were raised almost as though we were twins, we dressed alike, shared clothes, received the same presents on the holidays and hung out together until we married and I moved out of state. I wish that I had called her more and sent her more emails.