Thursday, February 19, 2009

Today Sucks

UPDATED 9:13pm
I am still cleaning up the mess, I cannot believe how sick she is this time (no, it is not the first time.) I think DD2 is going to spend the weekend cleaning all of the carpeting after SHE rents a carpet cleaner.
-----
Earlier
My wonderful daughter left the gate open to the kitchen when she left for work today (this is my lieu day) while I was getting my car worked on. This of course, means that Di (yes, the sick dog) helped herself to whatever she could get in the kitchen. She is very tall when she stands on her back legs,(which are full of arthritis so who thought she could?), so she happened to help herself to chocolate candy. It wasn't enough to poison her, but it has made her verrrrry sick all over all of the carpet. So far 17 spots are being worked on, and I am still going. It was bad enough that I had to spend $400 on getting a sick car repaired, now I get to spend the rest of my lieu day cleaning chocolate off of the carpet. Somedays it isn't worth getting out of bed. . . .

5 comments:

Sadie said...

Oh no!!! What an awful mess to have to clean up. The weekend can't come fast enough!!

Aunt Kathy said...

Oh man, that's awful. But at least no poisoning right? Try to find the bright side if you can.

Tally Knits said...

Oh, the joys of pet ownership! At least she didn't get enough to OD.

It reminds me of the time my brother and I decided to have a birthday party for all the indoor dogs. I made a huge red velvet cake and the 6 little dogs ate the entire thing. Fortunately, I had to go somewhere and wasn't home when they ALL got sick, but I definitely got an earfull from my mom!

rita said...

I don't think that there's anything worse to clean up. Unless it's from a cat. They run a close second.

Pookie, when she was a puppy, ate a pound of brightly-wrapped Hershey's Kisses. She was small, but she didn't get sick, thank goodness. But the "bright" spot was that our front yard was very colorful for a while.

As an adult I bought small birthday cakes for my dogs, white cakes, but it was mostly an excuse to eat them myself.

LilChickadee said...

Oh no! My dog has a tendency to throw up (IBS... who know dogs got that?), so we always seem to be cleaning up yuck.

Glad it wasn't worse!