Sunday, February 8, 2009

Knitting Blather and Manic Monday

Well, the so-called Dr Who scarf is done. All of the ends are woven in, the fringe has been added, and it has been washed (that means there is no animal hair on it for 5 minutes). It is approximately 65 inches long without the fringe and 10 inches wide. My daughter seems to be happy with it and I have to admit, I like it to, even if it was a little boring to knit. Now I may make a hat of some sort to match.

I started the fingerless gloves from here, I just love them! I think DD1 will also like them. I am still working on her black scarf with the lace diamond chain, it may be another scarf, but at least the chain takes away some of the boredom.

BTW, Monica is having another decluttering/spring cleaning challenge. I think I am going to do it again, just because I should get rid of more stuff. Go here to enter.


What is your favorite candy? For some silly reason, Hershey’s Milk Chocolate is my favorite, even though I know we are supposed (and it is more sophisticated) to eat dark chocolate.
Name one thing that you'd want to receive as a gift for Valentine's Day. Nothing.
Can we truly love someone who loves another? For a while, then eventually the love runs out.

6 comments:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Very nice my hubby is knitting the Doctor Who scarf to.Hugs Darcy

Aunt Kathy said...

I like the scarf, it sure looks warm. I laughed about the animal hair, we have no more pets, but I still see hair around my yarn. Go figure.

Tally Knits said...

I love those big colorful scarves. Yours looks great.

Jen and Rich Johnson said...

Great scarf, modelled charmingly! Nice job, isn't nice to have your work worn by others?

rita said...

And m&m's are my favorite chocolate!

smariek said...

The scarf looks very warm! There is always a place for mindless knitting. Now what will you do for mindless knitting after having finished this scarf?