Friday, January 29, 2010

Cake and Friday Fillins


So Saturday we get to sample wedding cakes for breakfast, doesn’t that sound fun??? I am not sure of the size or anything else, but I know one layer has to be chocolate. This is a picture of the cake she would like, though she wants red roses on top instead of pink. (I don't know where the picture came from so sorry about the photo credit thingy)

I am overwhelmed with the amount of stuff we have to do, but DD2 is very excited and has really stepped up to the plate. She has reserved the rooms, the van is taken care of and she is planning her trip to Europe at the same time. She leaves about 5 days after the wedding so I am grateful that she is handling everything. Saturday afternoon will not be so great tho, we will be at David’s trying on bridesmaid dresses, which will be a most evil form of torture. I will make sure to take valium with me for both of us. lolol

I have been knitting finally, nothing picture, worthy, but it is moving along. The yarn and the needles fell good in my hands and is very relaxing; it makes me wonder why I put it down.

I hope you all have a great weekend.
ffi
1. Wouldn't it be easy if I could just speak my responses to emails instead of typing.
2. ___????____ better than ever!
3. I love the taste of creamy chocolate.
4. We live in the living room.
5. The first thing we're going to do is drink heavily.
6. The water faucet is going drip, drip, drip; it is very annoying.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to playing Mafia Wars, tomorrow my plans include sampling wedding cakes, shopping for bridesmaid dresses, and . . . and Sunday, I want to sleeeeep!

4 comments:

sheep#100 said...

Very elegant wedding cake. Hope you find some flavors you like.

katerina said...

AS a money saver, for our wedding, we used cake as the center pieces for the tables - one small cake for each table. It took the place/cost of centerpieces and was actually cheaper than one large cake from the baker! Plus we could choose multiple flavors and they seemed fresher. Good luck with all your planning!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Love the cake and love your answer to 1. wishing the same thing all the time.
We planned our wedding on a very small budget everyone got involved in helping and it was a wonderful little wedding:)Hugs Darcy

rita said...

Beautiful cake. I used to decorate cakes until I got tired of having confectioner's sugar all over the kitchen. Never. Again.

Cake is my favorite thing for breakfast!

My niece had cupcakes for her wedding, some with chocolate icing and the others with white. They were delicious.