Friday, April 3, 2009

Blather, A Contest, and Friday Fill Ins

This has been an odd/weird/difficult week, but I am knitting on. :-) The sweater of many stitches is slowly growing (unfortunately not as fast as I am lolol) I still work in a row or two on the afghan in the evening, and I am starting a pair of socks. I feel odd when I don’t have more than a gazillion projects going, even if they end up being frogged. My little sister (she is 15 months younger than I am) has been having mini strokes and has become so disabled that she will be having to go into an assisted living community (not the apartments, but the convalescence area). I wish I could be there for her, but I do not know what I could do to help her. She did have day help, but she has evidently become difficult to handle and they either quit or she fires them. Oh, the stages of life suck.

Snow seems to be the biggest thing in my life now, I am so glad that it disappears quickly, otherwise I would feel like I am in an igloo. Wednesday when I left work, it was mini-hailing, snowing, thundering and lightening. Moreover, my ten-minute drive home ended up being about 40 minutes, yuck. We are supposed to have another storm tomorrow, predictions are that it can be anywhere from 6 to 18 inches. It’s a good thing I purchased the snow shovel last week (in March no less). I asked someone when it would be safe to plant a veggies garden and they all keep telling me May (either Memorial Day or Mother’s day). I think I will plant a cool weather garden after the next round of snow; I am itching to dig in the dirt.

I just joined a secret sock yarn club, the Mean Girls Yarn Club, so now I need to learn how to kwitting (from Trek who calls it knitting and walking.) Anybody have any suggestions on how to start learning this fun little talent (or is it a skill)?

Contest
-
Darcy is having a fabulous contest for her 2 year blogaversay, she will have 7 winners and the prizes are great! Go here to enter and please tell her I sent you!

ffi

And...here we go!

1. Angel or not, I will survive.

2. _??__ any way you want me.

3. As my mother used to say, you're full of s*&t.

4. I am always thirsty after I'm done working out or doing something strenuous.

5. Even in the most crowded of rooms I can find a place to knit.

6. Everyday is a day fraught with peril.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to knitting and reading, tomorrow my plans include another snow storm and knitting and Sunday, I want to clean house and knit!

3 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Ha before I even attempt Kwitting, I need to sit and knit socks first, lol, and that never seems to happen around here

Unknown said...

I've seen pictures of some ancient tools Scandinavian women would use to hold on to yarn so they could knit while walking. I can't remember where though.

vickie said...

sorry to hear about your sister that kind of situation is never easy.

ah kwitting i cant do that too well some days im lucky to be standing upright i have really
flexible joints and sometimes ill just be walking along and my new will knee will pop out of place and ill fall or my ankle will turn sideways and ill fall i broke my toe last month i was walking to me sons room and my ankle went and i went flying forward but all the pressure went on my big toe and broke it. its still swollen