Saturday, August 2, 2008

Real Knitting, Finally


I finally got a good picture of the dishcloth my swap partner sent me; I don’t know why I had such a hard time getting this picture originally. I guess I need to become a better photographer. Isn’t this pattern great? Moreover, I think the colors are great; it has become my favorite face cloth.

Have you ever noticed that it takes many stitches to knit for a fluffy person? I am making the sweater I found in Knitty, shown in my last post. I have not made a sweater for me before, so I was unsure of the sizing, etc. I cast on for the largest size (and it took many attempts since my tail was never long enough), but finally I got all stitches on the needles and started knitting away.
This picture is what I completed the first evening I had time to work on it (several attempts at swatching took up a great deal of time, as did my several tries at casting on.) I have now gotten much farther along, and am loving it, the green is not quite right in this picture; however we have horrible lighting in our hotel and I think it has affected the picture. Nevertheless, as I said, it takes many stitches when knitting for a fluffy person (and I am definitely fluffy) :-)

I signed up for Dish Rag Tag today; I think this will be fun. You can go here to sign up.

3 comments:

leah said...

I like the color...even if the photo is a little off! Can't wait to see it progress! It seems like everyone is signing up for dishrag tag lately!

Aunt Kathy said...

I did not sign up for the dish rag tag, oh I want too, really bad... but I am trying to stay strong. LOL

I love how you refer to yourself as fluffy... I have gone way past fluffy, way way past.

Firefly Nights said...

Glad you signed up for DRT. I did, too.

I'm also fluffy. Quite fluffy. I have a blogging friend in CA who looks like a model in everything she knits. Her yarn bill must be at least a half of mine. And, I also like to crochet, but the vests or tops I'd want to crochet take even more yarn because of the difference between knit and crochet. I sure do understand where you're coming from.