Wednesday, September 10, 2008

All Hallows Eve Dishcloth Swap Questionnaire


It is time for another seasonal discloth exchange, go here if you want to play, they are usually a lot of fun :-)

Knotting Yarn
1. Do you knit or crochet? For how long?
I have knitted for 5 or 6 years, I can't get my fingers around crochet, though I have been trying.

2. What sort of needles or hooks do you enjoy using the most? Are there some you've been dying to try out and haven't?
I love Knitpicks Options, but I also like Addis, however I normally use bamboo for washcloths.

3. What kind of projects do you most enjoy? Small things you can take with you, or big complex ones that are just gorgeous when they're done?
I like both kinds of projects, there is room for both in my life. I like to work on the complex projects when I am sitting around in the evening, but small fast projects are great for when I am on the go, or in waiting rooms.

4. List one pattern for a dishcloth that you love to make, or just tell us about one you've made or received that you loved.
I just received a cloth from Angela in Dish Rag Tag that was beautiful, it was a soft pink and white, and it worked the pattern so well.

5. What are your 'must have' notions? Are there any notions you need or can never have enough of? Any that might make you cry if you owned more?
I always love stitch markers, the prettier the better, I will normally look for the prettiest or the oddest ones I have whenever I need them.

Petting Yarn
6. What are your favorite yarns to work with? Any you hate or are allergic to?
I am not allergic to any yarns, ones I dislike are acrylic, but I do use it out of necessity, and it works better for some projects. My ultimate favorite yarn is alpaca; I like it so much that I would like to have an alpaca ranch as a second career.

7. What colors do you like to use in projects? Any we'd never catch on your needles?
I like happy colors and I notice they knit up faster for me; I dislike working on dreary colors, especially in the winter when the weather gets dreary. I love yarns that are the color of the ocean, pastel pink, red, yellow, greens. . .

8. Any cottons you'd like to try you can't find by you, or just haven't gotten around to getting?
Blue Sky Organic

Halloween, Fall, and General Stuff
9. Do you like to use bar soap or shower gel more? What kinds of scents do you love? What kind do you hate?
I like gels, with earthy scents, not flowery, musk, vanilla, cinnamon.

10. What's more 'Halloweeny' - Ghosts, Pumpkins, or Witches?
Witches, though I was pumpkin for Halloween one year when I was 6 months pregnant.

11. What's your favorite Treat to get? Sweet or Salty? Anything you're allergic to or just hate?
I love Turtle Chex mix and milk chocolate, but I also like old fashioned candy, licorice bears, root beer barrels, etc.

12. What was your favorite Halloween Costume as a kid? As an adult??
A special clown costume that my mom made for me, one side was stripes and the other was polka dots and I loved it. I used it for pajamas when Halloween was over. As an adult, I would have to say the pumpkin costume or when I dressed up as the old woman in the shoe.

13. Are you on Ravelry? What's your ID? lazyknitter.

14. Anything else you'd like to be sure your pal knows? I like to read as well as knit, in fact sometimes I will read and knit at the same time. You can find out lot of stuff about me if you read my blog :-).

No comments: