Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I am now in Lakewood, CO

Yeah, we are now in Lakewood Colorado, living in a Residence Inn (with 3 cats, 2 dogs, a husband and a daughter) until we find a house. Our trip from Atlanta was very smooth and uneventful, which was a relief. We got halfway across the country without any accidents, vehicle incidents, lost pets or illnesses. It was great! We checked into our hotel at about 3 and contacted the real estate agent right away. We start looking for a house at 9 in the morning :-( and will stay at it until we can find something that meets our taste and all of our requirements (though all of us seem to have different requirements). I dread that, but I should get some knitting time in while we are driving from house to house.

6 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

Happy blogoversary!

CHIKAI ♥ said...

happy blogoversary! :)

from digitalscapz.com

Unknown said...

Moving stinks! I hope the house hunt ends well and quickly!

smariek said...

Good luck with the house hunting!

It's easy to decide whether a house may or may not be for you. First thing you ask yourself is do you like the layout? If you have a good layout you like, then almost anything else can be worked on or improved. A good layout is a great foundation. With a bad layout, it would be a challenge to make things work, and you'd be better off tearing it down and starting over, lol.

Well that was my thought as I went through this last year.

Renna said...

I'm sure you're appreciating the dryer air there in Colorado over the more humid climate of Atlanta.

Best of luck in finding a house soon. I can't imagine living in a hotel room with a menagerie of pets. ;-)

Bluebird49 said...

I can't imagine having to wait to find a house--GOd bless you! (I live in the South, so I SHOULD be saying BLESS YOUR HEART!) But, I hope you DO find a nice place as soon as possible! Ok--this is my second post for your blogaversary! Am I not workin' for my prize, here? Huh? Yes I am! But, truly--I hope you're getting a house in your sights and in your near future, but if you DON'T have to clean...well, there IS a bright spot there!