Friday, April 11, 2008

Fun and Excitement

This has been the most horrendous couple of weeks, I guess I should thank the heavens above that I am still breathing and getting out of bed each morning. I know this is supposed to be a knitting post, however with travel, getting the house ready to sell, arguing over the price of said house, and working full time, knitting seems to be taking a back seat, which is sad since it relaxes me.

We have been painting the house forever, (the house never seemed that big until we started painting) we finally hired some painters to finish it because we were not getting anywhere. Then of course, we had to pretty up the outside, which needed some serious help since everything was gray and ugly from winter. The giant hill in front of the house took 100 bales of pine straw to pretty it up, and it is still questionable.

The best part of all is that in the middle of all this work on the house, I had to go on travel to south Georgia for work. I am sick of travel, I fall behind in my work and the house gets so dirty. When I got home, the first thing anyone said (yes before they said hello) was that my cat was missing. We have three cats, but my special baby is solid black and her name is Onyx. Carpet had been installed upstairs that day and all the noise and people had scared her, so of course she went into hiding. Daughter 2 and Husband spent the day arguing over where she was (outside, in the attic, in my closet?) but I knew she would come out when she was hungry, she always does. Husband and I went to dinner to discuss the next house project (moving my office upstairs) and we got a call in the middle from Daughter 1 asking us if we were sitting and if the drinks were good (they were). Of course, my first question is what happened. She proceeded to tell me that Daughter 2 had fallen through the ceiling in my bedroom looking for Onyx. I quickly ordered another Long Island ice tea and asked for details as I am rolling on the floor laughing. I mean, I have to laugh or I would just have to give it up. The bad part is that my first question was asking if she found the cat (not was she all right).

Now we have to hire a dry wall installer to come and patch the ceiling, because there is a very LARGE hole in the ceiling of my bedroom; however, Onyx was most appreciative when she came out of the attic through the hole for food and loves.

As you can see, knitting has taken a back seat for a while, but I am working on a baby blanket (slowly) and a pair of socks for Daughter 1. And, my Di is speaking to me again so life is good :-)

No comments: