Friday, January 18, 2008

To Name or Not to my Dishrag

Well, I guess it doesn’t matter what you call the washrag, washcloth, dishcloth, or face cloth you are using as long as you know what you are talking about. I call the cloth I wash my dishes with a dishrag, but the one I wash my face with is a washcloth; however, it is important to remember that these two are not interchangeable. I just cannot wash my face with the same cloth I wash my dishes with, no matter what is called. I guess we could call it the dumenfluger if we wanted to as long as it does the job, so I guess the name of my dishrag is not important, as long as no one hands it to me to wash my face with. :-)

1 comment:

Shirley said...

I used to call it a face cloth, until I had my son, and I was the only one speaking English with him. Then I changed to calling it a wash cloth because he would sometimes be so literal about things when he was little and may not have wanted to use it anywhere else than his face!