Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I am very excited about the Hogwarts sock kit swap, it is not a secret swap, we will know whom we are sending our stuff to and our partner will know who is sending the sock kit to them. I guess sign ups have been relatively slow this time, which I don’t understand as the last book and a new movie come out next month, with all the advertising regarding both, I guess I though more people would be interested. I can’t wait to find out who my partner is so that I can start gathering the stuff for his or her kit. I can’t decide what kind of yarn to put in the kit. Any suggestions????? I have been looking for some nice knitting needles, I love the ebony needles, but with so many people going to the magic loop method of sock knitting, I am not sure what kind to buy. I guess I will have to check with my swap partner to see what they prefer.

My first felting project is going very well, I will probably start felting tomorrow, and I hope it works well since I have a frontloading machine without the old-fashion kind of agitator. I am still working on my BBS for Socks for Soldiers, I hate working on that black yarn but they are sooo necessary. I stopped knitting to read the new Stephanie Plum novel by Janet Evanovich, “Lean Mean Thirteen,” it was so funny.

I need to go check out more sock yarn, I wonder if my sock kit swap partner will be a Slytherin??

No comments: