Sunday, March 16, 2008

Life Gets in the Way

This has been a tough week, and I have only been able to knit two rows on a beanie cap, thus most of this post is me whining about life. I had to travel for work this week, to Omaha Nebraska; of course, it was almost impossible to get a non-stop flight for less than $1500. Me, being a good government employee and ever watchful of the taxpayers dollars, took the flight that went through Chicago. If you have ever flown through Chicago I don’t have to say anymore, but for those of you who haven’t it is the most convoluted and spread out airport in the world. I had to cross three terminals to get to my next flight, which was probably a zillion miles from where my plane landed. I then got on a jet the size of a Barbie jet and flew to Omaha. It is a shame Omaha is so difficult to get to, because the city is nice.

At the conference I chaired, the people were ornery and difficult and no one could come to a consensus on any of the topics that were up for discussion. At one point, one woman got up and screamed at the rest of the group that we were rude and mean to the new people who were attending and needed to learn how to act more professionally. This was probably true; however, she certainly made a number of people in the group angry. I felt like I was babysitting.

The trip home was just as much fun, only I had a 40-minute window to catch my connecting flight, I bet it was funny to watch me hauling ass through the airport :-)

When I got home, I walked into the kitchen and found a swimming pool of hot water in the middle of the floor, one of the pet rodents had eaten through a hot water pipe in the wall. These mice are not really pets and this is the second pipe I have had to repair in two weeks, which would not be so horrible if I was not trying to get the house ready to sell, as I am being transferred to Denver. So far, the mice have cost me over $2,000, but the exterminator is coming tomorrow soo. . .

Enough whining! (In fact way too much whining, thank you for listening or is that reading?) Yesterday was my birthday and it was wonderful way to end the week, with family and friends and love. Isn’t it amazing what a difference a day can make?

2 comments:

Robin said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I am posting to cheer you on for sock madness 2 - you can do it! There are still a lot of pairs unfinished, you can make the 1st 40!
signed, happycat

pacalaga said...

Cheering more for sock madness too! We might soon be living in Denver as well. Maybe we'll meet up in a SnB group!